Reading progress update: I've read 24 out of 416 pages.

Mary Poppins, She Wrote: The Life of P. L. Travers - Valerie Lawson

It does start out a little slow, nut Mary Poppins, She Wrote does get better. This isn't the kind of book one would want to read in a single sitting (compared to say Mind Hunter or Flying Saucers and Science), however the life of Helen Lyndon Goff is very similar to a novel in many respects.

The book relies heavily on internal conflict over external conflict, which means it may not appeal to those that like more action oriented biographies. It relies heavily on telling the straight facts, as suppose to "showing a good story". Though that suits me just fine when even the facts are as interesting as this.

Things to expect: Saving Mr. Banks hardly told anything about the life of Helen Lyndon Goff, but spent more time telling the story about Disney. Which is fine of course, but then why bother having the back story scenes in the movie at all. In this book, you will meet the Morehead family and their bank issues.

There is also something that was never really gone into in the movie. Helen Lyndon Goff spent many times with her great aunt, as much as with her mother. The more I read this book, the more I'm thinking the movie isn't up to par (when it comes to the facts, not the drama which was good.)

More on this review later.